This policy covers how IPT Co. treats personal information that it collects and receives, including information related to your use of IPT Co. products. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that IPT Co. does not own or control or to people that IPT Co. does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use General
IPT Co. collects information about your transactions with us and at times emails to our administrative office. IPT Co. uses the information for the sole purpose of fulfilling your purchase requests for products, and to keep you informed on new updates, offerings and services.
IPT Co. will not contact children or minors under age 18 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent's permission. IPT Co. does not ask any child under age 18 for personal information for any reason whatsoever. IPT Co. products are targeted towards the adult trade and IPT Co. does not pursue the marketing of, or the purchase of, its products to anyone under the age of 18.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
IPT Co. does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
1. We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf or with IPT Co. under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help IPT Co. communicate with you about offers from IPT Co. and our marketing partners. For instance, partners to IPT Co. are Patents in Commerce and Innovative Showcase, or perhaps some of the patent attorneys listed on the IPT Co. web referral web page. However, these companies do not have any right to share this information.
2. If a child under age 13 purchases product from IPT Co. or contacts us, no information whatsoever shall be shared with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes without the parent’s consent to IPT Co. authorizing the sharing of information (at present, IPT Co. has no known child under the age of 13 on it’s database or email roles);
3. We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
5. IPT Co. may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, inventors from a particular geographic area.
6. IPT Co. will not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
7. IPT Co. may set cookies on your computer for the sole purpose of completing a purchase transaction.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
You can request deletion of your IPT Co. purchase information at any time. Parents may request the deletion of any information relating to their child's contact or purchases from IPT Co.
. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the IPT Co. product line, such as new product offering announcements, administrative messages and special offers that are considered directly related to IPT Co. educational effort in the field of inventing and patenting.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide our products to you in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you. In certain areas IPT Co. uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data during order transmissions.
IPT Co. may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your IPT Co. account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
IPT Co. uses Authorizenet, the world's largest secure service gateway for order processing. All data passed between an IPT Co. customer and the Authorizenet is encrypted by a SSL 'high-assurance' Class 3 Digital Server ID. If you feel that any inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you may contact Authorizenet directly to address or resolve your concern.
If you have questions or suggestions,
or you can contact us at:
15850 McCourtney Rd.
Grass Valley, CA 95949
Ordering phone number: 888-53-PATENT
NOTICE: Click here for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.